Being a mom is undeniably one of the hardest jobs on the face of the planet so in solidarity and in honesty I wanted to share a hack that I came up with one day; AFTER experiencing my three toddlers have an entire MELTDOWN and almost destroy a shoe store.
NOT only was I dazed and confused by their behavior. I was also starting to look at them as if they were strangers while my anxiety began to peak and my temple began to sweat, it was in THAT moment I said, “I refuse to be a participant of my own victimization.” So I did like any loving mother, left all the shoes we tried on and open boxes on the floor (not typical behavior) swiftly navigated all three with the sped of light out the front door without looking back. It was in that moment I silently vowed to not bring them back to the store (at least not alone) until everyone could write in cursive!
I LOVE my “littles” so much and as rapidly as their feet grow for the time being THIS process is our saving grace. See the steps listed below with some reference photos.
I hope this blesses you as much as it has surely blessed ME!
- Get some form of sturdy paper – card stock paper, construction paper – anything with a little weight.
- Have child stand on paper
- Use a marker and trace child’s foot
- IF you have more than one child put their name/initial on the inside of the traced foot.
- Cut out
- Repeat as necessary
- Place in a sandwich bag for safe keeping as you transport
- Take to store and place inside the Brannock Device (official name of the measurement tool used in retail)
- Find out child’s shoe size
- Select Perfect Pair